Sierra Pacific Windows
Sierra Pacific Awning windows feature the versatility necessary for
today’s creative design teams. Integrate form and function with awning
express your unique architectural style.
Use awnings for ventilation above your sightline – over the master bed and above the bathtub or shower. Or use them in clerestory applications – high on the wall to allow soft natural daylight to dance across your room.
Wherever you place them, Sierra Pacific Awning windows open from the bottom to allow air to circulate throughout your room. And they close easily and lock securely at the end of the day.
- Sash and frame components are manufactured from
kiln-dried, preservative-treated Ponderosa Pine, Douglas
Fir or other species by request in unfinished clear wood
ready to prep for stain or paint. An optional
factory-applied interior prime coat is available.
Douglas Fir interiors are available with an optional
The 1 3/4” thick sash is available in two widths for aluminum clad product: 1 1/2” standard or 2 1/4” Designer (Wide) sash.
- Wood exterior awnings feature 2 1/4” Designer (Wide) sash only.
- All sash corners have mortise and tenon joints that are sealed and screwed. Aluminum Clad Exterior
Aluminum Clad Exterior
- Exterior surfaces of both sash and frame are clad
with .062” extruded aluminum(one of the thickest on the
market)available in a palette of 60 colors in 6
industry-leading color collections, including 35
Heritage Collection Standard finishes, 4 Heritage
Collection Textured finishes, 6 Weathered Collection
finishes, 5 Metallic and 5 Pearl Metallic Collection
finishes, 3 Anodized Collection finishes, 2 Industrial Series finishes and Custom Colors. Finishes meet AAMA 2604 specifications. AAMA 2605 finishes are available upon request. Multiple exterior clad colors can be used in single units to suit any architectural or aesthetic design.
- Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with silicone, corner keys, pads and secured with screws.
- A continuous extruded aluminum nailing flange is an integral part of the frame extrusion - stout and watertight.
- The mitered corners of the nailing flange are sealed
butyl corner pads. A factory-applied, extruded aluminum drip cap in matching color is standard with all products.
- Exterior surfaces are available with either a factory-applied latex primer or in clear Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir. All units with exterior tri(brickmould, stucco brickmould or S4S) feature factory-applied flexible flashing on sides and head.
- Available in single or double pane configurations
with double strength glass. Triple pane units are
available in 2 1/4” Designer (Wide) sash in some sizes.
Insulated units are 3/4” overall, separated by 1/2” TrueWARM® Edge structural silicone foam spacer from
Quanex. All standard types of glass are available - from
LoE to tints to specialty glazing's - as is the
capillary tube system for high altitude. The glass is
dual bedded with a structural sealant and secured in the
sash with a
removable interior glazing bead.