Sierra Pacific Windows
Carmel Double Hung windows
Featuring classic style combined with the latest in innovative window
technology, the Sierra Pacific aluminum clad Carmel Double Hung window is a
beauty. No visible PVC jambliners to mar the beauty of the wood interior or
to detract from the purity of the color on the window’s aluminum clad
exterior. The Carmel Double Hung window features the rare fusion of
aesthetics and imaginative design and is available in either Ponderosa Pine
or Douglas Fir interior. Upper and lower sash operate independently of
each other to encourage optimum airflow through your room.
Sash and Frame Interior
- Sash and frame components for the aluminum clad exterior Carmel Double Hung are manufactured from kiln-dried, preservative-treated Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir. Other species are available by request. Interiors are available unfinished, clear and ready to prep for for stain or paint. An optional factory-applied interior prime coat is available. Douglas Fir interiors are also available in a distressed finish.
- All double hung sash are a full 1 1/2” thickness.
- All sash corners have mortise and tenon joints that are sealed and screwed.
Aluminum Clad Exterior
- Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with
silicone, corner keys, pads and secured with screws. Specially-designed, glass-filled nylon sill
boots afford excellent moisture protection for the side jambs. A continuous extruded aluminum nailing flange is an integral part of the frame extrusion- stout and watertight. The mitered corners of the nailing flange are sealed with factory-applied, butyl corner pads.
A factory-applied, extruded aluminum drip cap in matching color is standard with all products
- in single or double pane configurations with double
strength glass. Insulated units are 3/4” overall,
separated by 1/2” TrueWARM® Edge structural silicone foam
spacer from Quanex. All standard types of glass are
available - from LoE to tints to specialty glazing's -
as is the capillary tube system for high altitude. The
glass is dual bedded with a structural sealant and
secured in the sash with a removable interior glazing