Sierra Pacific Windows
Bay & Bow Windows
Bay and Bow Windows create a focal point and add character and charm to
your home. These three-dimensional combinations enhance the architectural
detail of your building’s exterior, as they expand interior space, light and
views. A new Bay or Bow Window can make any room more interesting, more
personal and more livable.
Sierra Pacific Bay Windows are available in 30 degree, 45 degree or 90 degree angles and feature a center picture unit with your choice of flanking double hung or casement windows. Our Bow Windows are composed of four, five or six window units mulled together at a 10 degree angle to create a graceful sweeping curve.
The design possibilities are endless. Bay or Bow windows can create additional space above a kitchen sink, provide additional seating in a dining nook or, in a floor to ceiling application, open up additional living space.
Sash and Frame Interior
- Sash and frame components are manufactured from kiln-dried, preservative- treated Ponderosa Pine, Douglas Fir or other species by request in unfinished clear wood ready to prep for stain or paint. An optional factory-applied interior prime coat is available.
- The sash width varies depending on the product used in the bay or bow unit: casement sash is 1 3/4” thick and either1 1/2” or 2 1/4” wide. Double hung sash is 1 1/2” thick.
- All sash corners have mortise and tenon joints that are sealed and screwed.
Aluminum Clad Exterior
- Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with silicone, corner keys and pads and secured with screws. A continuous extruded aluminum nailing flange is an integral part of the frame extrusion – stout and watertight. The mitred corners of the nailing flange are sealed with factory-applied, butyl corner pads.
- A factory-applied, extruded aluminum drip cap in matching color is standard with all products.
- Exterior surfaces are available with either a factory-applied latex primer or in clear Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir. All units with exterior trim (brickmould, stucco brickmould or S4S) feature factory-applied flexible flashing on sides and head.
- Available in single or double pane configurations
with double strength glass. Triple pane units are
available in some units. Insulated units are 3/4”
overall, separated by 1/2” TrueWARM® Edge structural
silicone foam spacer from Quanex. All standard types of
glass are available
- from LoE to tints to specialty glazing's as is the capillary tube system for high altitude. The glass is dual bedded with a structural sealant and secured in the sash with a removable interior glazing bead.